Expansion tank with low coolant level sensor upgrade kit for
Volvo C70 2006-2013
Volvo S40 2004-2011 with 5 cylinder 2.5 and 2.4 gasoline engines,
Volvo V50 2005-2011
Volvo C30 2007-2013
This is an upgrade kit for Volvo models listed above . These cars do not have a low coolant warning system installed at the factory . There is nothing that can warn you about engine coolant being low . You will have to install one of these on your car to have some sort of warning feature. You will be installing a new tank , new sensor and the sensor harness.
The installation procedure of this upgraded tank on your vehicle can take about one hour give or take , without visiting a repair facility or service garage. On the Turbo charged cars- it may take a little bit longer. The idea behind the low coolant warning is not new, and most of the Volvo models were equipped with this feature, but not yours.
Here are the directions of how to proceed with the installation of
1) - MAKE SURE THAT THE ENGINE IS COLD!!
2) Clamp the coolant lines to and from the coolant tank . Lift tank upwards and position tank as shown on the pictures so that the coolant is on one side of the tank. Remove hose clamps and remove hoses from the tank . Attach hoses onto new replacement tank Install new replacement tank with the coolant sensor onto the mounting brackets on the car ( make sure the coolant level us up to the FULL line)
3) Locate the coolant thermostat housing on your engine ( we include instructions - showing where it is- please look at the pictures with instructions
4) Disconnect gray color electrical connector from the coolant temperature sensor.
5) Install larger Plug of the new low coolant sensor system harness onto the coolant sensor on the thermostat housing,
6) install smaller plug of the new low coolant sensor system harness into the GRAY coolant temperature sensor harness plug at the vehicles engine wire harness.
7) attach sensor harness connector pug to the coolant level sensor on the coolant tank
The installation is complete.
PLEASE NOTE - TURBOCHARGED ENGINES REQUIRE REMOVAL OF THE AIR FILTER BOX HOUSING. THE TEMPERATURE SENSOR ON THE THERMOSTAT HOUSING IS HIDDEN AWAY.
the replacement sensor is fully functional and tested before being shipped out to you
The Sensor is equipped with the device that will signal the vehicle computer and warn the driver of the LOW coolant level by one the following signs:
The message display will show HIGH ENGINE TEMP. STOP ENGINE
the red exclamation sign below that green text board will illuminate.
The Radiator Cooling fans will be operating at full speed.
install the expansion cap back into the coolant expansion tank - we are back to normal operating conditions. system tested.
We designed and developed this upgrade kit so that you can have an early LOW ENGINE COOLANT warning system installed on your Volvo models mentioned above. From the day these models were introduced to the USA market- there has been an issue since there is no factory installed low coolant warning system. It is UNFORTUNATE, but many of our customers have had to deal with the cost associated with complete engine replacement due to loss of coolant and engine OVERHEATING.
We are proud to offer this solution to you . You will have a low engine coolant warning system on your Volvo after installing this upgrade kit.
Please UNDERSTAND - this is NOT a repair solution for OVERHEATED engine. If your vehicles engine is overheated- it has to be replaced first. Then you install the sensor .
Please understand that the sensor is monitoring coolant level and sending you a message that there is an issue. If the message comes after you have installed the sensor - there is a possibility of a coolant loss.
PLEASE LOOK AT OTHER GREAT ITEMS SUCH AS ALUMINUM THERMOSTAT HOUSING (search 31319606) AND LOWER RADIATOR HOSE (search 30723082)